Rigid Endoscope Lab Technician
How would you like to join one of the fastest growing, woman-owned, medical device repair companies in the country?
Total Scope, Inc. (TSI), currently seeks a Rigid Endoscope Technician who can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to repair all medical devices to the set standards of TSI. The Rigid Endoscope Technician will be responsible for assisting with daily assessment of rigid endoscopes and perform a variety of repairs.
Experience with small hand tools & small components requested. Experience using a microscope or metal working machinery is a plus. Technical training will be provided on-site.
This opportunity is a full-time position with benefits, however, part-time candidates will be considered with the right combination of days/hours.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals
- Reason, evaluate, analyze, problem solve, and make decisions
- Background in machining or optical systems
- Scope repair / medical device repair
- Perform detailed inspections and quality control processes
- Good eye for detail.
- Follow instructions and guidelines of the Technical Manual
- Research and develop processes currently beyond lab capabilities
- Identify efficiency issues and corrective measures and coordinate changes with the Lab Manager or Assistant Lab Manager and the Quality Manager
- Maintain lab supply inventories
- Interface with customers, explain the nature of the repairs identified by customers and makes sure that all information concerning customer’s questions has been communicated to Lab Manager
- Operate various equipment: scope processors, flexible endoscopes, rigid endoscopes, cameras, couplers, and any other medical devices handled by TSI
- Operate repair equipment (microscopes, dremels, drills, polishers, light sources)
- Willingness to learn and receptive to advice