Are you the kind of person that the mere word “accounting” makes you curious or interested?
If someone says “Great Plains” you don’t think of states like Kansas or Nebraska but instead you think “accounting software?”
If you answered “yes” then you might be the right person for a great job with Total Scope, Inc. Check us out, it will be the best 15 minutes you spend if you like accounting and a professional, smart and flexible team.
Responsibilities: What you don’t know we’ll teach you!
- Responsible for approving New Client Set Up in our Great Plains Accounting System from our medical device repair and products custom software program Winscope
- Approve all necessary information for set up including Billing and Physical location addresses, email addresses, etc.
- Approve updates/maintain Client’s tax status
- Approve updates/maintain Billing
- Accurately apply cash/credit/checks to client invoices and posts receipts timely
- Ensures all revenue has been recorded in the correct period and to the correct GL account in Great Plains.
- Report to supervisor: receivables, payables and other reports as specified
- Ensures all critical client information regarding billing, collections, client activity and terminations are communicated to supervisor
- Implements, and/or assists with the implementation of any A/R related tools, software add ons, or processes (i.e. Winscope client portal, sales tax rate updates, etc)
- Deliver accurate Aged Receivables report to sales manager
- Route client inquiries to appropriate departments regarding price discrepancies, billing inquiries, invoices, statements and other requested information as needed.
- Ensures client information, including addresses and sales tax exempt status are up to date and accurate in Great Plains
- Assist as needed in bank account reconciliations
- Assist with month end account reconciliations and provides adequate support as requested
- Maintain Petty Cash balances and receipts for disbursement
- Prefer a working knowledge of GAAP
- Work with our great team on financial data and prepare/produce meaningful reports
- Strong organizational skills with a great attention to detail
- It is helpful to be technically skilled in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a huge plus ++
- Desire to be part of a team that empowers you to succeed.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve, and make reasonable decisions based on company policies and practices. Make common sense decisions.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve problems proactively and with the team.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing demands and priorities in an entrepreneurial business.
- Willingness to communicate and share your interpersonal skills with the team
- Help our accounting department be flexible so everyone benefits as time off is needed
Compensation: Hourly Rate: $15-18