Total Scope Inc. is a premier worldwide endoscope repair facility servicing all major endoscope and surgical camera brands. Total Scope frequently accepts repair orders for A/W channel replacements. For a quote on a repair contact us or call (800) 471-2255. Follow these tips to prevent these types of repairs in the future.
- Cuts, slices or dents in the light guide tube can damage the A/W channel.
- Severe buckling or weakening of the light guide tube can compromise the integrity of the A/W channel.
- Improper care & handling and/or substandard storage can contribute to the problem.
- Avoid tightly coiling and sharply bending the insertion tube and light guide tube. This may cause the channels to form kinks/impedes.
- Flush A/W channels immediately after each procedure. This falls into OEM guidelines and prevents any clogs due to debris.
- Rinse the A/W channels each time scope is rinsed during the cleaning process—this is per OEM guidelines.
- Use lint-free cleaning materials to avoid clogging due to debris rubbing/flaking off.
- Distal end impact should be avoided; this causes nozzle damage and prevents proper flushing.