Total Scope Inc. is a premier worldwide endoscope repair facility servicing all major endoscope and surgical camera brands. Total Scope frequently accepts repair orders for A/W nozzle replacement or A/W channel cleaning. For a quote on a repair contact us or call (800) 471-2255. Follow these tips to prevent these types of repairs in the future.
- Improper care & handling, such as impact with distal end, denting or loosening of nozzle.
- Debris from cleaning towels can get clogged in nozzle openings.
- If the channels are not flushed in due time, any substance can harden within the channel leaving a clog.
- After each procedure, flush the A/W channels according to OEM instructions.
- Clean the scope as soon as possible after procedure to ensure that no material has time to dry and harden within the channel /nozzle.
- Use only lint-free material when cleaning the scope. Lint can collect in the nozzle and cause blockage.
- Cleaning attachments with filters or screens should be inspected regularly. Missing screens or filters will allow material to be introduced into channel and caused blockage.
- Avoid any impact at distal end. The nozzle sits higher than other components at the distal end and will receive the brunt of any trauma.